mommyamers

mommyamers

Good story.

Laurel's Gift - Tricia McGill

Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

This was a different type of story. It promises to be a bit paranormal and a bit contemporary. I can’t disagree with that, however, I do think it is on quite the light side of paranormal. It’s an interesting story full of discovery.

The characters were, well, quite different. The female lead character was outgoing, very friendly, and incredibly loving. She male lead character, well, I still haven’t been quite able to discover him. He is quiet, loving, and very private. Although we learned an incredible amount about his family and the history of his family, I feel like there was an incredible lack of detail about him. His character was very vague and I would there could have been, at the minimum, a bit more detail.

As I mentioned above about the paranormal side of things being light, I think the story needed a bit more interaction and detail on this side of things. Truthfully, it was a letdown with just how little interaction there was. At the end of the story there was a particular scene that I believe needed to have more detail, more story line. It felt as if it were a second thought and a little information was thrown in.

I had really high hopes for this story, the blurb sounded really good. It was a good book, the story line was intriguing, but it didn’t have anything that grabbed your attention, held your attention, or made you want to keep reading. I do think this author has promise for becoming a great author. I think just a little more attention and a little more “oomph” and this author will earn the title of incredible!

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion.