Another lovely story!

Of Land and Sky - Morgan Sheppard
Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

I will start out this review stating that I was lucky enough to beta read this book and then purchase the final draft for a reviewand of course, for my personal collection. This author is still fairly new, this being her third book released, and her writing still amazes me. If you’ve ever read her books, you can’t deny the idea that she has the uncanny ability to bring the reader into the world of Wraidd Elfennol fully and completely.

This story is set many years after the first story. It still follows along the same idea of the first; the worlds are unbalanced andare in need of some human and partner interference to set things straight. It’s, of course, not quite as simple as stated, however, it will get you set up to great reading.

The main characters in the story are grandchildren of the original cast in book one that were sent on a mission to set things back on even kilter in the worlds. If you happened to love that cast as much as me, don’t fret, you’ll still get to hear about themand what they have been up to. The author really did a great job including them into this story.

The journey that the characters are involved in this time around is much less action packed than the first. It’s more of a mental journey they are involved in. Personally, I think it being a “mental journey” proves to be a much more difficult story to write. It requires a lot more detail and descriptions to keep the audience interested and intrigued. I think that the author aced this ability, without a question. I didn’t want to put the book down, I didn’t want to stop reading, and I might have read too late andtoo long each day just because the story was that good.

At times, the characters really had me frustrated. The male lead character has, for a lack of better words, a really crappy family situation. His mother and brother are unfairly rude and treat him as if he would be better of had he not been born. His father has his back and loves him unconditionally but it makes it hard to read some of the scenes. I could have given them a real tongue lashing had they been real characters. So I really applaud the author in her ability in making the scenes feel so realistic.

I will give you, the future reader, one warning; have Kleenex and a good place to ugly cry, without judgment from others.  If you are reading it in bed with your spouse or significant other, be prepared to wake them up with your sobs and be prepared for the looks asking if you’re really crying over another book.

As to not ruin the story, and if you’re anything like me, you want to know whether or not the main characters find love. They do, in their own way, and in their own time. It’s most definitely fun to read about, so be prepared for that story within the main story.

* Verified Purchase ~ December 2017 *