mommyamers

mommyamers

Loved it!

Captured Memories - Katherine McIntyre

Independent reviewer for Archaeolibraian – I Dig Good Books

This story was short, sweet, and to the point. It was a cute romance that allows you to escape the real world for a bit. The characters are sassy and fun. The story is realistic and the details were great. I enjoyed this quick little read.

I will say as I was reading this story, I felt like I just knew the story was going to come up short. I felt like there was going to be missing details and / or descriptions. It was a fast-paced story, a little more than a novella, but as I was reading, I just had this feeling I was going to come up short, missing details or missing a history or future. I am very happy to report I was wrong. The author did a great job providing just enough detail to keep the story flowing, keep the picture scrolling, but not overwhelm you, as the reader. I was very pleasantly pleased with the story writing and boy was I wrong!

There are some heavy emotions in this book. There is a history, there is a present, and there is a future. The history is dark and damaging. It is like walking on broken, shards of glass. The present is walking on a smooth floor with the wounds from the glass covered floor, slow but for sure they are healing.  The future is walking on a smooth floor with nothing but a few scars. Those scars will never allow the past to be forgotten but allows the present to be bearable and to know the future will be better.

The characters were enjoyable. They were the types of people I could befriend in real life. They are the types of people you want to have in your corner. They made the story that much better.

If you’re curious, yes of course, I would recommend this story to you. It won’t take a lot of time to read it but you’ll be happy you did!

*A Copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book and my comments here are my honest opinion.