Great detail!

Collateral Risk - Gwenan Haines

Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

This was a great read! It kept me on my toes, kept me reading, held my attention, and kept me guessing.

It wasn’t until nearing the last quarter of the story that I was able to make a good guess who the “bad guy” was. I made a guess and was wrong and had to read a little bit more to find out for sure who it was. The author did a great job writing twists and turns to keep you guessing and keep the story interesting.

The details and descriptions really were what made this story such a good story. It made certain parts of the story feel more important, and made the characters pop. On the flip side, there was a lack of detail during certain parts of the story that simply kept you reading, instead of giving it away too early. The details the author put into the bird scene were one of my favorite. I know that’s a really vague statement, but you’ll understand once you read the book.

The romance part of the story was sweet and deserved. The two characters were two very loving people whole felt they couldn’t give themselves to anyone else in that manner due to their past. They were meant to be, meant to heal one another, and meant to protect one another as well.

If you like thrilling, suspenseful stories then I’d absolutely recommend this story. I really enjoyed reading it.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *