Lovely read!

Sins of the Father - Winter Austin
Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

This is book three in the four book collection, thus far, in the McIntire County series. I find myself thinking after each story that each one is better than the last and is my new favorite. This one is no different.

Just as book one and two book three is connected and involves some of the same characters and also introduces new characters to the storyline. I enjoy reading about the past characters lives and how they have changed or developed.

This story in a little more intriguing, for the fact that it also surrounds itself with the female leads family history, and the past timing of her father as the Sheriff.  The question remains; did her daddy have something to do with the coverup of the murder of a young girl just to be re-elected?

I was engrossed with the story. The detail and descriptions were perfect. They held my attention and kept me reading. The ability to picture the scenes as I read them was effortless. The detail was enough to keep things understood but wasn’t too much to be overwhelming.

One thing that seems to be pretty common place through each story is the attitude of the characters. At least one character in the story is very opinionated, has a strong opinion, and isn’t afraid to let it be known. They don’t get pushed around and they fight for what they believe is right.

I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait to read the next book.